Monday, January 16, 2012

playing' catch-up!

In my last post, I saw where I said something along the lines of "Thanksgiving will be here before you know it"..and well..it has come and past, for a couple of weeks now.  Now we've passed Thanksgiving, Trevis' bday and Christmas!
For Thanksgiving, we always stay in Texas. I say always, but for the past 5 years that we've lived here we've just done things at our own home. Jakes parents, and brother and his wife and their young son Jordan came and we had Thanksgiving and also went and celebrated Trevis' birthday that weekend since everyone was in town. Thanksgiving is my FAVORITE...well, one of my favorite. I love turkey and dressing and just eating in general :) Jake was half the day before and was off all of Thanksgiving but had to go back to work the day after. We all (-Jake) went to ITz Pizza in Pasadena. It used to be called Incredible pizza, but its a pizza buffet place that has themed dining rooms and you're given a debit card type thing and can load money onto it to play games and ride rides. Trevis and Mavrick road a go-cart for the first time this trip! Trevis road with Josh and Mavrick road with PawPaw. They really loved it!

That following week we had a SUPER HERO playdate at our house for Trevis' bday! His teacher came and friends from school, they all had capes and made masks. It was a hit and Trevis felt so special for all of his friends to come over to his house. Also, my mom and grandma (Nanny and MawMaw) came to town and brough Trevis' cousin Ethan! Trevis and Mavrick absolutely love it when he comes to visit.

As for Christmas, me and the 3 boys and the dog..drove to Mississippi, on Monday before Christmas. It was quite a ride, but they all did suprisingly well. I was nervous since it was my first trip alone with Evrett that was further than an hour. We stopped at a place along the way to use the restroom and stretch, and there was a spot to pet baby alligators. The boys loved it! And even more than that, they loved seeing a pretty green tree frog on the coke machines before leaving, they talked about it more than the alligators! We spent the week at my moms, and seeing family and cousins from each side and just enjoying time in Mississippi. Jake was suppose to fly in Friday night..but..

He surprised me! Thursday night after I put the boys in bed, I was up online chatting with a friend about old stories and things and how much I missed Jake. Well, Jake called and said he was getting ready for bed and talking and all that then all of a sudden, the talking gets louder..and he is INSIDE my moms house! The stinker knew he was going to be off on Friday, so instead of waiting all day and flying out that night, he paid to have his flight changed and flew out a night early. What a great surprise it was for the boys the next morning!

For Christmas the boys got tons of toys and great things from everyone, and Santa brought them alot of different and random things they had said they wanted through out the year. GlowCrazy, Jenga, Cars2, an 18 wheeler full of cars, Connect 4, tshirts and just toys. Evrett got a playtable, a push walking toy and a spinning toy that says numbers and letters when you land on it.

For Christmas I received and awesome new camera:) So, there should be plenty of great pics to come in following posts.

Now we are in the middle of January.. 2012! Where has time gone? January has been a sort of slow month for us here. Jake is working out of town and comes home every weekend, Trevis has been out of school alot due to the Christmas holiday and today is MLK. I have started working out at the YMCA and Mavrick loves to go to the gym (except when he hurt his foot a few weeks ago and we had to take a week off for it to heal). I am not trying to be super strong or lose crazy weight, not even a certain number. Just the healthy BMI and weights for my age/height and to just be fit and healthy.

Evrett, goodness! This fella is just GROWING! I can't believe it..he is almost one.. ONE!! I can remember being pregnant with him this time last year. Ahh.. he is justa jabbering, and plays this "HEY BABY" game.. where he'll lift his hands and then bend over to the ground any time someone says Heyyyy Baby!. It's adorable:) He also has taken his first few steps.. he'll stand up or let got from holding onto something and he's taken a step or two at a time and then squat down. He will be really walking so soon! Trevis and Mavrick are so excited watching their baby brother grow up.

Well, I feel like I've caught up enough..Hope everyone is having a great New Year so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment